Monday 12 September 2011

beautiful books...Angie Lewin: Plants and Places





Happy Monday to all! Hope you had a good weekend? Today I thought I would share another beautiful book with you, this time it's Angie Lewin's Plants and Places. I had bought this book as a present for my mum last christmas because she loves Angie's lino prints and already has a few cards framed and dotted around the house. Now as much as I would have loved to buy her an actual print it was just slightly out of my price range...by a few hundred pounds...so the book seemed the perfect choice! This book really is beautiful  and that is no exaggeration, it has plenty of the prints that Angie is famous for but also highlights her design process. From sketching plants out in her garden or a feather on a walk by the beach, doodling in her many sketchpads, to the design development stages and even the lino cutting process. It has been edited and arranged in such a way that makes it a joy to read or just flick though...it really is just so special my pictures here don't do it justice, so I urge you to buy or at least browse a copy, you won't be disappointed. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! So nice of you to pop by, please leave a comment if you wish. I love reading them all...Rebecca x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...